City Success Manager
Citymart is a New York-based global technology company that empowers city officials to better serve their communities through access to data, insights, and peers. Following best practices developed with leading cities around the world, Citymart technology revolutionizes the way cities frame needs, complete procurement, and improve service delivery—providing expert support along the way.
Citymart is backed by the world’s leading impact investors and philanthropies, including Nordic Impact, Omidyar Network, Bloomberg Philanthropies, and The Rockefeller Foundation’s 100 Resilient Cities program.
We are looking for a City Success Manager to join our growing team in New York City.
You will have experience working with cities, governments or urban services and have a clear understanding of the unique challenges facing the public sector. This role has the opportunity to help hundreds of city officials succeed in their work, resulting in better quality of life for hundreds of thousands of citizens. This role reports to Citymart's Head of City Partnerships.
You must be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about helping cities, be creative, independent, focused, and an excellent problem solver and are comfortable in creating content such as best practice guidelines. You must have the ability to work with cross-functional teams, shape and contribute to Citymart strategy, and identify product needs.
Ideally you have developed onboarding strategies to successfully help clients adopt a digital product or comparable experience. You are adept in explaining the value of new ways of working and you know how to put yourself in users' shoes to achieve a change in behavior. You like building things and then testing how well they work, and you are not afraid to admit when something is not working. You are excited to use the latest technologies and online tools to customize and automate onboarding and communications in order to reach more people. You have a passion for cities and the public servants who shape them.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for city clients during the first-year onboarding period, helping cities adopt Citymart in the most effective way possible;
- Serve as an expert on Citymart - you'll be able to answer any question a city or user might have about the platform and the best practices embedded in it;
- Research what city clients need during the onboarding process and create a standard onboarding process to meet those needs;
- Create content that offers helpful guidelines and learning resources to city clients;
- Observe platform features that would help city clients and relay those features to the product team;
- Observe use trends and selling points and relay that information to the sales team;
- Identify opportunities for automation in the onboarding process in order to reach as many city staff as possible;
- Test new onboarding ideas and then roll-out successful measures;
- Use a metrics-based approach to evaluate and improve the impact of your actions
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Passion for cities and improving government;
- Experience onboarding clients to a digital product or comparable experiences;
- Excellent writing and communication skills targeting professional audiences;
- Strong analytical skills and experience to provide qualified expert input;
- Experience in using methods such as A/B testing; collecting and working with relevant metrics to learn fast and continually improve results.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in early stage start-ups;
- Experience in working with urban problems;
- Experience with govtech, social entrepreneurship and the broader innovation ecosystem.